Sunday, July 3, 2011

Greetings, old friends

I stepped out of the airport doors and a thick, warm, humid presence wrapped me in its arms.

I hugged it back and shouted, "Hi, Humidity!!!" I had forgotten what it was to sweat merely because of one's environs. I had also forgotten how much I love warmth and moisture in one atmosphere.

Today I've been serenaded by a magnificent thunderstorm and pounding rain. I'm just now getting up from that nap. Cracks from lightning and the consequent rolling thunder...happy day.

I also got to tell the story of how I met Marissa to the ladies at church--that was fun. I am always reminded of how different that young lady is, and how much that makes her wonderful. (I also got to show off the pictures she sent me a while back. For not being 'stereotypcally' beautiful, I still think she's gorgeous so I don't often go back to the pictures. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment